Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Odd's Fish!" "The Scarlet Pimpernel" {by Baroness Emmuska Orczy} Book Club Ideas


"La!"
Our Book Club had a swashbuckling good time reading the 1903 classic, "The Scarlet Pimpernel!"

As always, the food was magnifique!



Oh man, I was obsessed with this bacon and spinach quiche that Jillian made...I have requested that she post the recipe for it on our blog because I have been craving it for days now!

SIGH, so, a little too late I remembered why I never cook anything for Book Club...because I ALWAYS get busy doing 100 things at once and I forget things in the oven. These poor stuffed mushrooms would have been great and the perfect compliment to our French food theme if I had not forgotten that they were under the broiler for 10 whole minutes!  When someone  finally asked, "Hey Kelly, where are those mushrooms you made?" I jumped about two feet in the air and RAN to the oven.  By the time I got to them, only two or three mushrooms were spared the charcoaled fate the rest had to suffer.
 So sadly, my French onion stuffed mushrooms had the same fate as many of the aristocrats did in our book...I sent them to the "Madame Guillotine trash can" where they were never heard of again.

Mandi, Jillian and Markelle who did a wonderful job moderating! 
Thank You for all your work and preparation Markelle.

Picture 1: Shalease and Jane
Picture 2: Kellie and Kelly!

The always lovely Betsy and Robin!

WINNERS!!
Thanks to Mandi and Jillian's determined investigations on one tie-breaker quiz question, we now know that Marguerite's older brother Armand was 8 years older than she was...
 that little fact was of the utmost importance at the time!

Thanks again for a fabulous Book Club meeting!
Until next month...

1 comment :

Kellie H said...

I just want to say that it is my goal to win one of these games that we play so I can get a fabulous prize.